India, one of the finest holiday destinations in the world, offers the best of destinations for an enjoyable holiday vacations. Known for its natural and cultural diversity, the country is full of wonders and surprises. Undoubtedly, a tourist's delight, India offers everything you are looking for. Be it mountains with beautiful hill stations, exotic beaches, sand dunes or serene backwaters, the country offers amazing natural diversity. In addition, India is world renowned for its culture and history. The country has numerous architectural wonders including the world renowned Taj Mahal. Thousands of tourists from all around the world visit this exceptionally beautiful and culturally superb country every year and return back with sweet memories of India.
Traveling in India is completely safe and secure. But, tourists should take some basic precautions on their India Tour. About Palace on Wheels recommends some travel tips to its valued guests to make their journey in India a pleasant and memorable experience.
- Make copies of your passport, visa and other important documents and keep them separate from the originals. As a precautionary measure carry the originals with you at all times.
- Consult your doctor before you start for India to ensure that you have had any required vacc0inations or shots.
- India's standard time is GMT + 5 ½ Hours
- All international credit cards such as Diners, American Express, MasterCard and Visa are accepted in hotels, shops and other commercial establishments including the tour operators.
- The summers can be severely hot and humid at some places in India. Don't forget to carry sunscreen, goggles, and a hat or scarf.
- Water sold in sealed plastic bottles is perfectly safe to drink. Look for established brand names such as Bisleri, Aquafina or Kinley and check the seals of bottles before drinking.
- Standard electric voltage supply in India is 220 Volts. Bring an adaptor plug with you, or you can easily buy one from any hardware store.
- Be careful of con men or people posing as guides.
- Cyber cafes with Internet and phone facilities can be found all over India, so communication with family and friends back home is not a problem. Besides, all hotels have communication facilities.
- Never forget to carry your essential medication with you. Though doctors and chemists stores are easily available in India, the brand names can differ and your specific brand of medication may not be available.
- Exchange your money only from authorized moneychangers such as Thomas Cook or registered Indian Banks, offering this facility.
- Certain places of worship may not allow foreign tourists to enter. Others may allow entry with certain codes of conduct. Removing footwear, covering the head etc. If you wish to enter religious shrines, dress modestly and respect local customs.
- There are certain areas such as military sites, bridges and airports where photography is prohibited. Don't break the rules.
- In case of any trouble, immediately contact the nearest police station (Dial 100) or your embassy.
About Palace on Wheels offers you Palace on Wheels India Tours. For more information or to book a Palace on Wheels India Tour, please enter your query in the form below.